Maths SS1 3rd Term (E-learning)
THIRD TERM E-LEARNING NOTE
CLASS: SSS 1
SCHEME OF WORK
- Mensuration: The Concept of B – D a Shape Cube, Cuboids, Cylinder, Triangular Prism, Cone, Rectangular Based Pyramid, Total Surface Area of Cone, Cylinder and their Volumes.
- (a) Volumes of Frustums of Cone, Rectangular Based Pyramid and other Pyramids
(b) Proofs of Angles Sum of a Triangle = 180o
(c) The Exterior Angle
- Geometrical Construction
- Revision of Construction of Triangle
- Drawing and Bisection of Line Segment
- Construction and Bisection of Angles 90o, 45o, 135o, 221/2o, 571/2o
- Construction and Bisection of Angles: 30o, 60o, 90o, 120o, 150o, etc.
- Construction of Quadrilateral Polygon i.e. four sided figure with given certain conditions parallelogram
- Construction of Equilateral Triangle
- Locus of Moving Points Including Equidistance from Two Lines of Two Points and Constant Distance from the Point.
- Deductive Proof:
- Sum of Angles of a Triangle.
- Relationship of Triangles on a Straight Line.
- Revision of Angles on Parallel Line Cuts by a Transversal Line.
- Congruent Triangles.
- Properties of Parallelogram and Intercept Theorem.
- Collection and Tabulation and Presentation of data e.g. data from height, ages, weight, test and examination scores of students, population of students from different schools, classes etc.
- Different Species of Animals and Types of Vehicles etc.
Calculation of Range, median and mode of ungrouped data
- Data Already Collected by the Students
- Data Collected from Other Statistical Records
- Collection, Tabulation and Presentation of Grouped Data
- Data from height, ages, weights, test and examination scores of students
- Population of students from different classes.
- Calculation of Range, Median and Mode of Grouped Data
- Data already collected by the students
- Other statistical records
- Statistical Graphs:
- Drawing of bar chart, pie-chart and histogram
- Cumulative frequency curve
- Reading and drawing inferences from the graph
- (a) Mean deviation, Variance and standard deviation of grouped data use in solving practical problems related to real life situations
- New General Mathematics SSS 1 by M.F. Macrae et al
- Essential Mathematics SS 1
- Lectures 9
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 50 hours
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 1
- Assessments Yes
Week one : Mensuration
The concept of B – D a shape cube, cuboids, cylinder, triangular prism, cone, rectangular based pyramid, total surface area of cone, cylinder and their volumes. MENSURATION OF SOLID SHAPES : Properties of solid shapes
Week Two : Volumes of frustums of cone, rectangular based pyramid and other pyramids
(a) Volumes of frustums of cone, rectangular based pyramid and other pyramids (b) Proofs of angles sum of a triangle = 180o (c) The exterior angle
Week Three : GEOMETRICAL CONSTRUCTION
(a) Revision of Construction of Triangle (b) Drawing and bisection of Line Segment (c) Construction and Bisection of Angles 90o, 45o, 135o, 221/2o, 571/2o (d) Construction and Bisection of Angles: 30o, 60o, 90o, 120o, 150o
Week Four : CONSTRUCTIONS
Week Five : Deductive proof
Sum of angles in a triangle The sum of the angles of a triangle is 180.
Week Six : STATISTICS
CONTENT: COLLECTION, TABULATION AND PRESENTATION OF DATA
Week Seven : Revision
Week Eight : Collection, Tabulation and Presentation of Grouped Data
Week Nine : Calculation of Range, Median and Mode of Grouped data
Week Ten : Statistical Graphs
Drawing of bar chart, pie-chart and histogram Cumulative frequency curve Reading and drawing inferences from the graph