NATIONAL OPEN UNIVERSITY OF NIGERIA
14/16 AHMADU BELLO WAY, VICTORIA ISLAND, LAGOS
SCHOOL OF SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
MARCH/APRIL 2014 EXAMINATION
COURSE CODE: ESM 392
COURSE TITLE: REMOTE SENSING
TIME ALLOWED: 2 HOURS
INSTRUCTION: ATTEMPT ANY FOUR QUESTIONS
1. The science of remote sensing has emerged as one of the most fascinating subjects over the past four decades. Discuss (17.5marks).
2. Explain the fact that Remote Sensing requires energy source to illuminate the target (17.5marks).
3. The term radiation is defined as a process in which energy is transmitted in the form of waves or particles, by a body as it changes from a higher energy state to a lower energy state. Discuss with examples (17.5marks).
4. Discuss the different laws and principles which help explain the atmospheric interference to electromagnetic radiation (17.5marks).
5. Highlight the different ways in which earth surface features interact with incident radiation (17.5marks).
6. Discuss the capabilities of such remote sensors with emphasis on those in contemporary usage (17.5marks).
You can get the soft copy for this course or the exam summary answers for this course from 08039407882
Exam summary sample below