NATIONAL OPEN UNIVERSITY OF NIGERIA
University Village, NnamdiAzikwe Express Way, Plot 91, Cadastral Zone,
Faculty of Agricultural Sciences
FIRST SEMESTER EXAMINATION: June/July
COURSE CODE: ANP 301
COURSE TITLE: INTRODUCTION TO NON-RUMINANT ANIMAL PRODUCTION (2 UNITS)
DURATION: 2 HRS
ANSWER ANY 4 QUESTIONS
1. List the problems and constraints of poultry production in Nigeria and suggest ways of their improvement (25 marks).
2. (a) What do you understand by the term incubation?
(b) Explain artificial incubation and its essential requirements (121/2 marks).
(c) List the factors affecting hatchability (121/2 marks).
3. One aspect of rabbit nutrition is caecotrophy. Discuss in detail the concept of caecotrophy and compare the advantages and disadvantages of two feeding systems in rabbits. (25marks).
4. Discuss the advantages and disadvantages of pig farming (25 marks).
5. Discuss (a) Swine erysipelas (121/2 marks) and (b) African swine fever (121/2 marks) under the following headings
(i) Causative agent and mode of transmission (7 marks)
(ii) General character and signs (8 marks)
(iii) Control and prevention (10 marks).
6. Describe neck breaking and stunning methods used in killing rabbits. (25 marks).
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login here
No apps configured. Please contact your administrator.