The Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB) last Saturday disclosed that it will henceforth ensure it resolve all issues concerning the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination before releasing the results.
This was disclosed by JAMB’s Head of Public Relations, Mr. Fabian Benjamin, during an interview with newsmen in Abuja after the release of the July 1st supplementary examination.
He explained that the results were delayed to ensure that there were no issues in all the centres where the supplementary exam was conducted.
“The results had been ready as usual; we release results two hours after examination; this delay was because we wanted to take our time to clear all issues.
“This is also to ensure that all the CCTV at centres we conducted mop-up examinations were adequately fixed; we do not want situation where we release results before thinking of cancelling it.
“What we want to be doing now as we have started with this mop-up examination, and will be doing in 2018, is to ensure all issues are resolved before releasing results. It is our view that there is no need rushing to release results; it is better to do whatever is supposed to have been done, before we release the results,” he said.
He urged candidates yet to receive their supplementary examination results, not to panic, saying that no result from the mop-up examination was outstanding.
He mentioned that the breakdown of the result for the 2017 UTME can nit be made available at this time by the board because the board is yet to conduct the exam for foreign candidates.
“We are still writing exam and it will be unfair to publish the whole results when people are still writing. We just rolled out forms for foreign centres, so once we finish that, which is not going to take long, we will do the analysis and come to a conclusion,” He said.