NATIONAL OPEN UNIVERSITY OF NIGERIA
14/16 AHMADU BELLO WAY, VICTORIA ISLAND, LAGOS
SCHOOL OF ARTS AND SOCIAL SCIENCES
MARCH/APRIL 2014 EXAMINATION
COURSE CODE: MAC421
COURSE TITLE: NEWS PAPER & MAGAZINE PRODUCTION
TIME ALLOWED: 2HRS
INSTRUCTION: Answer three questions, question one is compulsory
1. Give detailed reasons why magazines are more at advantage than newspapers.
Write short notes on the following in relation to editorial judgment
(ii) Photo –sizing
b. Succintly discuss at least five of the ethical issues editors contend with during production. (30 marks)
2. Discuss reasons why e- publishing is necessary in newspaper and magazine production.
(b) List and explain at least six areas of the contraints faced by newspaper and magazine production in Nigeria. (20marks)
3. Give reasons why headlines are necesaary in newspapers and magazines.
(b) Discuss how ICT has been beneficial to media practitioners right from news gathering process to the printing stage. (20marks)
4. What is the importance of editing in newspaper production?
(b) What influences the gate-keeping function of the different gate-keepers in newspapers
and magazines production? (20marks)
5. What are the reasons why photojournalists make use of pictures/photographs in their publications?
(b) Succinctly give a vivid definition of the following concepts in newspaper production (a)Mission statement (b)Editorial policy (c) House policy (20marks)
You can get the exam summary answers for this course from 08039407882
Check the sample below