NATIONAL OPEN UNIVERSITY OF NIGERIA
14/16 AHMADU BELLO WAY, VICTORIA ISLAND, LAGOS
SCHOOL OF ARTS & SOCIAL SCIENCES
MARCH/APRIL 2014 EXAMINATION
COURSE CODE: MAC442
COURSE TITLE: ADVANCED BROADCAST NEWS/PROGRAMME PRODUCTION
INSTRUCTION: Answer three questions, question one is compulsory
TIME ALLOWED: 2HRS
1. Broadcast news are written in a special way because of the peculiarities of the media. Identify and explain the criteria for selecting news.
(b) A good reporter must have nose for news.What are the different sources of news. List and explain them. (30 marks)
2. Outline and discuss the guide lines to writing a good broadcast news.
(b) Give a vivid explanation of four factors that enhance radio newscast.
3. There are the criteria for selecting broadcast news. List and explain these criteria.
(b) As a potential newscaster what are the qualities you are expected to possess to be a successful broadcaster? (20 marks)
4. What are the factors to be considered when writing for TV newscast?identify at
least five .
(b) In television packages come in different lengths with different rules for
composing scripts. Explain these types of packages (20marks)
5. Broadcast programmes are classified according to the functions they perform, the target audiences and the format of the programme. Write short notes on the following:
(a) interview programme (5 Marks)
(b) discussion programme (5 Marks)
(c) magazine programme (5 Marks)
(d)documentary programme (5 marks)
6. There following are some of principal tasks a news producer undertakes. Explain the following
(a) Developing stories (c) Stacking the newscast
(b) Making on-air decisions. (d) Coaching and copy editing (20marks)
- You can get the soft copy for this course (2014 – to date) at a little token or the exam summary answers for any course from 08039407882
- You can as well solve your course past questions for us and get paid. CONTACT TO KNOW HOW
Exam summary sample below