NATIONAL OPEN UNIVERSITY OF NIGERIA
UNIVERSITY VILLAGE, PLOT 91 CADASTRAL ZONE
NNAMDI AZIKIWE EXPRESS WAY, JABI, ABUJA
FACULTY OF SOCIAL SCIENCES
DEPARTMENT OF MASS COMMUNICATION
COURSE CODE: MAC442
COURSE TITLE: ADVANCED BROADCAST NEWS/PROGRAMME PRODUCTION
CREDIT UNIT: 3
INSTRUCTION: ANSWER ANY FOUR QUESTIONS
TIME: 3 HOURS
1. (a) Succinctly explain the major differences between broadcast news and news in the print media. List and briefly explain the criteria for selecting broadcast news.
(b) Identify and discuss any four (4) methods of news gathering.
2. (a) What is a broadcast news package? Explain the standard parts of packages.
(b) Distinguish between shorter and longer packages 17.5 Marks
3. Why is copy editing necessary? Using examples, discuss at least five (5) specific areas the copy editor must check. 17.5 Marks
4. Broadcast programmes are classified based on their functions, target audience and format. Discuss with examples. 17.5 Marks
5. (a) Discuss the importance of script, highlighting five (5) qualities of a script writer.
(b) Briefly explain any four (4) types of scripts you know. 17.5 Marks
6. Write extensively on the three (3) stages of production. 17.5 Marks
- You can get the soft copy for this course (2014 – to date) at a little token or the exam summary answers for any course from 08039407882
- You can as well solve your course past questions for us and get paid. CONTACT TO KNOW HOW
Exam summary sample below