NATIONAL OPEN UNIVERSITY OF NIGERIA
14-16 AHMADU BELLOW WAY, VICTORIA ISLAND, LAGOS
SCHOOL OF MANAGEMENT SCIENCES
COURSE CODE: MBA 858 COURSE UNITS: 2
COURSE TITLE: Database Management Application System
TIME ALLOWED: 2HRS
Instructions: 1. Attempt question Number one (1) and any other Two (2).
- Question number 1 is compulsory and carries 30 marks, while the other
questions carry equal marks each
- Present all your points in coherent and orderly manner
1a) Is the form and use of information and decision support in e-business changing and
expanding? Why or why not?
1b) As a Database Administrator, what would you consider as the benefit of Database
Management System to an organization.
2) Has the growth of self-directed teams to manage work in organizations changed the
need for strategic, tactical, and operational decision making in business?
3) What is the difference between the ability of a manager to retrieve information
instantly on demand using an MIS, and the capabilities provided by a DSS?
4) Refer to the Real World Case. Are e-business decision support products evolving into
hybrid systems that combine MIS, OLAP, DSS, AI, and other related capabilities? Give
examples to illustrate your answer.
5) In what ways does using an electronic spreadsheet package provide you with the capabilities of a decision support system?
You can get the exam summary answers for this course from 08039407882
Check the sample below