NATIONAL OPEN UNIVERSITY OF NIGERIA
Plot 91, Cadastral Zone, NnamdiAzikiwe Express Way, Jabi – Abuja
FACULTY OF MANAGEMENT SCIENCES
Month EXAMINATION 2018
COURSE CODE: MBA 833
COURSE TITLE: INDUSTRIAL RELATIONS CREDIT UNIT: 3
INSTRUCTION: 1. Indicate your Matriculation Number clearly
2. Attempt question one (1) and any other three (3) questions; four questions in all
3. Question one (1) is compulsory and carries 25 marks, while the other questions carry 15 marks each.
4. Present all your points in a coherent and orderly Manner
TIME ALLOWED: 2 Hours
1(a). Government had been seen intervening in Industrial Relations in Nigeria:- Why? (9marks).
(b). Mention and discuss briefly the essential elements of contract of employment? (8marks).
(c ). According to the Industrial Act of 1974, discuss the worker- servant duty of fidelity ? (8 marks).
(a) What do you understand by Apprenticeship- Thus: Discuss the differences between apprenticeship and that of contract of employment? (8 marks)
(b). Outline the necessary terms in a contract of employment? (7marks).
3. (a) Examine these concepts- ‘ Specialization and Devolution’ in relation to management of industrial relations? (8marks).
(b) . What do you understand by ‘Decentralisation’ in the management of organizations and give reasons why it is an important tool for efficiency? (7marks).
4. (a) Using Storey’s Matrix, examine the various roles/models to be played by a specialist in industrial relations management.? (8marks)
(b) Summarize Brewster and Holt-Larsen’s Models of Human Resource Management (7marks)
5. (a) Discuss Procedural and Substantive Fairness in the retrenchment of workers from an organization pointing out their differences. (8marks)
(b). Examine the critical consideration in the retrenchment of workers from an organization? (7marks)
6. (a) Write short notes on the following: ( 3 marks)
ii. Joint Consultation
iii. Collective Bargain.
(b). List and Explain briefly the various types/forms of Strike ?(6 marks).
- You can get the soft copy for this course (2014 – to date) or the exam summary answers for any course from 08039407882
- You can as well solve your course past questions for us and get paid. CONTACT TO KNOW HOW
Exam summary sample below