NATIONAL OPEN UNIVERSITY OF NIGERIA
DEPARTMENT OF POLITICAL SCIENCE
FACULTY OF SOCIAL SCIENCES
JULY, 2018_1 EXAMINATION QUESTIONS
COURSE CODE: PCR312
COURSE TITLE: PEACE RESEARCH METHODS
CREDIT UNIT : 3
TME ALLOWED : 3 HOURS
INSTRUCTION : ANSWER QUESTION 1 AND ANY OTHER THREE.
1. With your knowledge of Peace Research Methods, design a research proposal in the following order (20 marks).
a. Select a research topic of choice (2.5 mark)
b. Develop the background to the study (2.5 marks)
c. Develop the statement of the problem (2.5 marks)
d. State five research questions (2.5 marks)
e. State the central objective and four specific objectives (2.5 marks)
f. Highlight two research hypotheses (2.5 marks)
g. state the significance of the study (2.5 marks)
h. Indicate the scope of the study (2.5 marks)
2. Explain each of the following components of research in the social sciences:
i. Meaning of research
ii. Social research (3.3 marks)
iii. Basic research (3.3 marks)
iv. Applied research (3.3 marks)
v. Practical research (3.3 marks)
3 Explain the importance of research in the social sciences (16.6 marks)
4 Explain each of the following variables in peace research:
a. Research design (3.32 marks).
b. Primary sources of data (3.32 marks).
c. Secondary sources of data (3.32 marks).
d. Nominal data (3.32 marks).
e. Ordinary data (3.32 marks).
5. Discuss the essence of the library in research (16.6 marks)
6. Identify and explain the ethics of research writing. Evaluate the importance of ethics (16.6 marks)
- You can get the soft copy for this course (2014 – to date) or the exam summary answers for any course from 08039407882
- You can as well solve your course past questions for us and get paid. CONTACT TO KNOW HOW
Exam summary sample below