The syllabus is designed to evaluate the candidates’ knowledge and skills in the potentials available in the tourism industry. The syllabus is based on the assumption that not less than three teaching periods or 2 hours per week will be allocated to the subject during the senior secondary school course.
AIM AND OBJECTIVES
The examination will test candidates’ ability to:
- explain the concepts associated with tourism activities such as tourism, tourist, tourist attraction, tour operation, excursion, travel agency etc;
- acquire knowledge of tourist attraction centres and their locations;
- understand the financial, social and developmental benefits of tourism to a nation;
- explain the tourism and cultural festivals of a nation;
- acquire the basic knowledge of the operations of travel agency and tour businesses;
- understand the roles and functions of public and private agencies in tourism;
- develop skills in tourism entrepreneurship.
Do you have any waec subjects in which you are having difficulty understanding? You can get the tutorials from our online school in video format that you can watch and learn from both on your phone or laptop kindly contact 08039407882 to get them.