The course in Woodwork at the Senior High School level is to enable students gain knowledge in the art and craft of woodworking and provide with basic and necessary skills for technological growth. At this level, the knowledge to be acquired will act as an avenue for further growth during and after school.
It is intended to give candidates the opportunity to display detailed knowledge of, and skills in
(1) technical drawing and designing;
(2) practical work;
(3) methods and principles of construction;
(4) quality control, estimation and costing.
Candidates are expected to demonstrate
(1) creative ability, mental and practical skills in the use of hand and machine tools for construction of basic items in wood and related materials;
(2) good basic knowledge of design and reading of working drawings;
(3) ability to plan and follow a sequence of work operations which are necessary to lead to successful completion of projects;
(4) awareness of problems relating to wood and the wood industry;
(5) functional skills capable of providing a means of livelihood in woodworking.
Do you have any waec subjects in which you are having difficulty understanding? You can get the tutorials from our online school in video format that you can watch and learn from both on your phone or laptop kindly contact 08039407882 to get them.