NATIONAL OPEN UNIVERSITY OF NIGERIA
14/16 AHMADU BELLO WAY, VICTORIA ISLAND, LAGOS
SCHOOL OF SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
MARCH/APRIL 2014 EXAMINATION
COURSE CODE: AEM701
COURSE TITLE: AGRICULTURAL EXTENSION EDUCATION
TIME ALLOWED: 2HOURS
INSTRUCTION:ANSWER ANY FOUR QUESTIONS. ALL QUESTIONS CARRY EQUAL MARKS.
1. (a) Explain Agricultural extension education and hospitality extension. ( 5mrks)
(b) List and discuss eight systematic processes of planning hospitality programme at the local level. (20mrks).
2. (a) State and describe five (5) contemporary predicaments of Agricultural extension in Nigeria. (15mmrks)
(b) What are the plausible solutions to these predicaments? (10mrks)
3. (a) State and explain five (5) principles of agricultural extension, point out their implications and applications for effective extension work. (15mrks)
(b) Discuss five roles Agricultural extension agents. (10mrks)
4. (a) Explain the concept of Need. (5mrks)
(b) State and explain six procedures for conducting needs assessment. (20mrks)
5. (a) What do you understand by extension programme? (5mrks)
(b) List five functions of extension programme and explain four of them. (15mrks)
(c) Discuss the significance of evaluation in extension process (5mrks)
6. (a) Mention five agricultural extension approaches that are considered relevant to Nigeria. (5mrks)
(b) What do you understand by training and visit extension? (2mrks)
(c) Identify five basic features of the T & System. (5mrks)
(d) Define individual methods of extension and mention four merits and demerits of the method. (13smrks)
Contact me for your TMA, GST302 Business plan writeup, Project Writeup and also get your Exam Summary for this course.