NATIONAL OPEN UNIVERSITY OF NIGERIA
SCHOOL OF ARTS AND SOCIAL SCIENCES
14/16 AHMADU BELLO WAY, P.M.B. 80067 VICTORIA ISLAND
MARCH/APRIL 2014 EXAMINATIONS
COURSE CODE: ARA481
COURSE TITLE: ARABIC LITERATURE II
Time Allowed:2 hrs
Instruction to Candidates: Answer only THREE questions in all
1. a. What is al-Nathr al-Fanni?
b. Enumerate and explain the features of al-Nathr al-Fanni. (23 Marks)
2. Mention and discuss five forms of literary prose (23 Marks)
3. a. What distinguishes al-Qissah from al-Riwayah?
b. Trace the origin and evolution of the first true Arabic novel. (24 Marks)
4. Compare and contrast between Arabic Prose of the Umayyad era and that of the Abbasid. (23 Marks)
5. Examine the structure of al-khitabah in Arabic prose with examples.
For the 2015 – till date past questions for this course CLICK HERE
Contact me for your TMA, GST302 Business plan writeup, Project Writeup and also get your Exam Summary for this course.