NATIONAL OPEN UNIVERSITY OF NIGERIA
14/16 AHMADU BELLO WAY, VICTORIA ISLAND, LAGOS
SCHOOL OF MANAGEMENT SCIENCES
MARCH 2014 EXAMINATION
COURSE CODE: BHM 720 CREDIT UNIT: 2
COURSE TITLE: FUNDAMENTALS OF MARKETING
TIME ALLOWED: 2 HOURS
Instructions: 1. Attempt question Number one (1) and any other two (2).
2. Question number 1 is compulsory and carries 30 marks, while the other questions carry 20 marks each
3. Present all your points in coherent and orderly manner
1. a. With adequate examples, differentiate between Needs, Wants and Demand.
b. Discuss the concepts of Value and Satisfaction.
c. List and explain five of the eight different common Situations of demand and the corresponding tasks facing marketing managers.
2. a. Classify the various Marketing functions.
b. Describe the five types of Customers.
3. a. Discuss the five-step process of strategic marketing planning.
b. List and explain the benefits of Market Segmentation.
4. a. Discuss the various bases for Consumer Market Segmentation with appropriate examples.
b. List and discuss the six stages of the buying decision process.
5. a. Briefly discuss the three Theories of Business Ethics.
b. Highlight five main steps a company can take to reduce Customer Defection rate.
For the 2015 – till date past questions for this course CLICK HERE
Contact me for your TMA, GST302 Business plan writeup, Project Writeup and also get your Exam Summary for this course.