NATIONAL OPEN UNIVERSITY OF NIGERIA
14/16AHMADU BELLO WAY, VICTORIA ISLAND, LAGOS
SCHOOL OF MANAGEMENT SCIENCES
MARCH, 2014 EXAMINATION
Course Code: BUS812 Credit Unit: 2
Course Title: Management Theory
Time Allowed: 2 hours
Instruction: Attempt the compulsory question and two other questions making a total of
three questions. The compulsory question carries 30 marks. All the other questions carry 20 marks each.
Question No. 1 (COMPULSORY)
1. (a) William Glueck (1980) gave four reasons why managers plan.
List and explain each of the four reasons.
(b) Planning is said to be the first function of management. Define planning as given by
2. (a) Explain in detail why managers need to have many plans at a particular time, not
just relying on a single plan.
(b) Distinguish between “Strategy” and “Policy.”
3. Planning is essential for the success of an organization. But, sometimes planning go
with difficulties and frustration. List and discuss the three (3) known planning
4. The definition of the word “Management” has been torn apart by various authors and Following the multiplicity of perspectives on what management exactly means, explain the following:
(a) Management as a Science
(b) Management as a Profession
(c) Management as Leadership
5. (a) What do you understand by ‘Managerial Work Agenda’?
(b) List and explain the three factors influencing managerial work agenda.
For the 2015 – till date past questions for this course CLICK HERE
Contact me for your TMA, GST302 Business plan writeup, Project Writeup and also get your Exam Summary for this course.