NATIONAL OPEN UNIVERSITY OF NIGERIA
14/16 AHMADU BELLO WAY, VICTORIA ISLAND, LAGOS
SCHOOL OF SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
MARCH/APRIL 2014 EXAMINATION
COURSE CODE: CIT 311
COURSE TITLE: COMPUTER NETWORKS
TIME ALLOWED: 21/2 HOURS
INSTRUCTION:Answer Any Five (5) Questions. Each Question Carries 14 Marks
1. (a) With the aid of a diagram Define Tree topology (8 marks)
(b) In transmission, what is the difference between full duplex and half duplex operations?
2. (a) In a tabular form, State four differences between OSI Reference Model & TCP
Reference Model (8 marks)
(b) Give any four regular applications of Integrated Services Digital Network (4 marks)
3. Specify the status of the modem indicator light in the following settings (14 marks)
I. When not receiving calls
II. When modem is getting data or a command from the computer
III. When Modem is sending data
IV. If the modem is powered up
4. (a) What is Multiplexing? (2 marks)
(b) What is the difference between Upward Multiplexing and Downward Multiplexing?
(C) State three advantages of Transparent Bridges (6 marks)
5. State seven typical routing protocols and their associated network operating systems
6 (a) List and discuss the two types of categories of an ATM connection (6marks)
(b) State and enumerate the three types of interfaces which an ATM switch supports.
7 (a) In a tabular form, state five differences between Hubs and Switches (11 marks)
(b) What is the full meaning of the acronyms VPI within the context of computer networks?
For the 2015 – till date past questions for this course CLICK HERE
Contact me for your TMA, GST302 Business plan writeup, Project Writeup and also get your Exam Summary for this course.