NATIONAL OPEN UNIVERSITY OF NIGERIA
14/16 AHMADU BELLO WAY, VICTORIA ISLAND, LAGOS
SCHOOL OF MANAGEMENT SCIENCES
MARCH/APRIL 2014 EXAMINATION
COURSE CODE: COP317 CREDIT UNIT: 2
COURSE TITLE: PRODUCERS COOPERATIVE MANAGEMENT
TIME ALLOWED: 2 HOURS
Instructions: 1. Attempt question number one (1) and any other (2) questions.
2. Question number 1 carries 30 marks, while the other questions
carry 20 marks each.
3. Present all your points in coherent and orderly manner.
1. (a) Discuss the problems militating against the development of producers’
cooperative in Nigeria by citing an examples.
(b) Management principles are statements of fundamental truth. Discuss these
(c) Differentiate between Staff and Production Plan with a example of any
2. (a) Explain the Four functions of Management.
(b)According to Young Johns (1978), what are the Fundamentals of
- (a) The bye-laws of the Cooperative Management determine the number of
committees and the number of members that should be in each committee. Discuss these provisions of the bye-laws.
(b) Explain the method of control, the manager of a Producers’
Cooperative can use.
- (a) In Management Control in a Producers’ Cooperative, the objective of the
supervisory committee is to assist the management in carrying out the
purpose of the organization. List these Roles
(b) The powers and responsibilities of the cooperative department are derived
from the cooperative law. Lists and discuss these Powers.
- (a) Explain the Objectives of Management of Producers’ Cooperative with one
(b) Write short notes on these terminologies in Producers’ Cooperative
Production Plan. (i) Preparatory work, (ii) Premises and machinery
For the 2015 – till date past questions for this course CLICK HERE
Contact me for your TMA, GST302 Business plan writeup, Project Writeup and also get your Exam Summary for this course.