NATIONAL OPEN UNIVERSITY OF NIGERIA
14/16 AHMADU BELLO WAY, VICTORIA ISLAND
SCHOOL OF ARTS AND SOCIAL SCIENCES
MARCH/APRIL 2014 EXAMINATION
COURSE CODE: CSS 432
COURSE TITLE: HUMAN RIGHTS PROVISION IN NIGERIA
TIME: 2 HOURS.
INSTRUCTIONS: Answer 3 questions in all. All questions carry equal marks.
Good use of English language will be rewarded.
1. Briefly explain the role of the Judiciary. (8 marks)
b. What are the basic principles of the independence of the judiciary as adopted by the United Nations Congress on the prevention of crime and treatment of offenders. (15 marks)
2. (a) Highlight the Functions and Powers of the National Human Rights Commission (18 marks)
(b). Describe the probems of the National Human Rights Commission (6 marks)
3. Explain the distinctions between the first, second and thirdgeneration of rights.
4. (a) Define Public Compliant Commission (5marks)
b. Highlight the functions and problems of the commission. (18 marks)
5. a) What is Jurisdiction (5 marks)
b) Discuss the procedure for enforcement of fundamental rights (15 marks)
For the 2015 – till date past questions for this course CLICK HERE
Contact me for your TMA, GST302 Business plan writeup, Project Writeup and also get your Exam Summary for this course.