NATIONAL OPEN UNIVERSITY OF NIGERIA
14/16 AHMADU BELLO WAY, VICTORIA ISLAND LAGOS
SCHOOL OF ARTS AND SOCIAL SCIENCES
MARCH/APRIL 2014 EXAMINATION
COURSE CODE: CTH 311
COURSE TITLE: GOSPEL OF JOHN
TIME ALLOWED: 2HRS
Instruction: Answer question one and any other two
1. State four arguments from internal evidence to demonstrate that the author of the Gospel of John could have been an eye witness (30 marks)
2. What are the differences between the synoptic Gospels and the Gospel of John?
3. Comment on the context in which the author of the Forth Gospel uses the Old Testament quotations and allusions in his Gospel. (20 marks)
4. Discuss any two “signs” in the Gospel of John and show their theological significance for the church today. (20 marks)
5. Write short notes on any four of the following concepts from the Fourth Gospel: (a) Paraclete (b) Eternal life (c) Deity (d) Cosmos (e) Dualism (f) Symbolic metaphors (20 marks)
For the 2015 – till date past questions for this course CLICK HERE
Contact me for your TMA, GST302 Business plan writeup, Project Writeup and also get your Exam Summary for this course.