EMT311 Tma Solutions
1. Today maps are commonly produced on computers, using software such as _______________
Global Positioning System
Geographical Cartographic System
—>> Geographical Information System
Geographical Intelligent Technology
2. _______orbits at a steep inclination relative to the equator, in the direction opposite the Earth’s rotation
Sun – orbits
—>> Retrograde orbit
3. ______ uses a multichannel detector and records radiation within a narrow range of wavelength. Both brightness and colour information are available on the image
—>> Multispectral Imaging System
4. All but one is not a component of map ___
5. A _________ orbit is established when a satellite is placed at 36,000km above the Earth’s equator.
—>> Solar energy
6. The map ____________ shows the symbols on a map and gives their meaning.
7. Maps and map-making have undergone some notable ____trend
8. The first use of a motion picture camera mounted to a heavier-than-air aircraft took place on April 24, ____.
9. __ defines a map as
—>> Aerial photograph
10. When the satellite’s orbit and the Earth’s rotation are combined, they give rise to an ___________ path relative to a map of the Earth’s surface.
—>> S shaped
N – shaped
C – shaped
JOIN OUR TELEGRAM ON VIP NOUN UPDATES – FOR FREE EMT311 PAST QUESTIONS AND EXAMS SUMMARIES