NATIONAL OPEN UNIVERSITY OF NIGERIA
91, Jabi Cadastral Zone, Nnamdi Azikiwe Expressway Jabi, Abuja, Nigeria
FACULTY OF MANAGEMENT SCIENCES
Course Title: ORGANIZATIONAL THEORY & BEHAVIOUR
Course Code: MBA 831 Credit Units: 3
Time Allowed: 2 Hours. 30 minutes
Instructions: 1. Attempt Question one and any other three (3) Questions.
2. Question 1 is compulsory and carries 25 marks, while the other 3 questions carry 15
3. Present all your points in coherent and orderly manner.
1. ( a) Highlight and briefly discuss the principles of organization as formulated by Henri
(b) As the general manager of your organization, briefly explain seven factors you would
consider to effectively motivate the Nigerian worker for higher productivity.
(c) Enumerate four common characteristics of an organization
2. (a) Distinguish between formal and informal organization
(b) Identify and explain the common features of a formal Organization
3. Identify five approaches to organization study and briefly explain each of them.
4. Discuss Hofstede four key cultural differences that tend to show the extent to which
business activities are culturally defined.
5. (a) Explain the term Job Satisfaction
(b) Discuss five factors that could enhance job satisfaction in the organization where you work
or one that you are familiar with.
6. With clear examples, discuss four work groups within an organization