NATIONAL OPEN UNIVERSITY OF NIGERIA
Plot 91, Cadastral Zone, Nnamdi Azikiwe Express Way, Jabi– Abuja
FACULTY OF MANAGEMENT SCIENCES
DEPARTMENT OF ADMINISTRATION
NOVEMBER 2018 EXAMINATION
COURSE CODE: MPA 868
COURSE TITLE: COMPARATIVE PUBLLIC ADMINISTRATION
CREDIT UNITS: 3
INSTRUCTION: 1. Indicate your Matriculation Number clearly
2. Attempt question one (1) and any other three (3) questions – four questions in all
3. Question one (1) is compulsory and carries 25marks, while the other questions carry 15marks each.
4. Present all your points in coherent and orderly Manner
TIME ALLOWED: 2½Hrs
1. a. Define on the concept of Comparative Public Administration.
b. List SEVEN (7) areas of Comparison in public administration and explain five.
c. Highlight FIVE (5) usefulness of comparative public administration.
2. Explain any THREE (3) of the following theories;
i. Traditional Theory ii. Behavioural Theory
iii. Structural-Functionalism Theory iv. The System Theory
v. The Elite Model Theory vi. Development Theory
3. State EIGHT (8) peculiarities of Administrative Systems in the Third World countries
4. a. Explain the term Bureaucracy
b. Outline six characteristics of bureaucracy [15marks]
5. a. Explain the term interest group
b. Elucidate on SIX (6) strategies and Tactic of Interest Group [15marks]
6. a. State any FIVE (5) roles of bureaucracy
b. Discuss the concept of accountability and explain THREE (3) areas of accountability [15marks]
You can get the Past Questions Soft Copies HERE (2014 – till date)
Do you understand any of these questions? Give someone an idea of answering it in the exams by dropping the answer in the comment section.