NATIONAL OPEN UNIVERSITY OF NIGERIA
PLOT 91, CADASTRAL ZONE, NNAMDI AZIKIWE EXPRESS WAY, JABI– ABUJA
FACULTY OF MANAGEMENT SCIENCES
DEPARTMENT OF ADMINISTRATION
NOVEMBER 2018 EXAMINATION
COURSE CODE: PAD710 CREDIT UNITS: 2
COURSE TITLE: PUBLIC POLICY ANALYSIS
INSTRUCTION: 1. Indicate your Matriculation Number clearly
- Attempt question one (1) and any other two (2) questions – three questions in all
- Question one (1) is compulsory and carries 30marks, while the other questions carry 20marks each.
- Present all your points in coherent and orderly Manner
TIME ALLOWED: 2 Hours
- a. Define Public Policy. What is the rationale for Public Policy Analysis?
- Explain the term Public Policy Analysis
- Discuss the nature of Public Policy Analysis [Compulsory, 30 marks]
- Explain each of the following Models:
- Rational-Comprehensive Model ii. Incremental Model
iii. Mixed Scanning Model
- a. What do you understand by Decision making?
- Identify and discuss and six (6) types of decision Making
- Explain any three (3) of these theories of public policy:
- System Theory ii. Group Theory iii. Institutional Theory
iv Elite theory
- Policy formation constitutes problem identification, agenda setting and policy
formation. How valid is this statement?