The aim of the examination is to test candidates’ ability to produce mailable documents at 40 words per minute and be able to apply such skill in solving practical office problems.
SCHEME OF EXAMINATION
- The total time allowed for the examination will be 2 hours 45 minutes.
- 5 minutes for warming up on the material supplied by the Council in the examination paper. The time taken for typing the preliminary passage will not be included in the time for the examination.
- 5 minutes for a speed and accuracy test.
- 10 minutes for reading through the examination paper.
- 2 hours 30 minutes for production tasks.
- The speed and accuracy test will be set at 40 words per minute and will carry 10 percent of the total marks. The syllabic intensity of the passage will range between 1.35 and 1.40.
- The production test will consist of a maximum of 5 tasks and will start after all the scripts for the speed and accuracy test have been collected and duly initialed by the invigilator.
- The total standard words for the examination (both tasks and accuracy test) will ranfe between 1350 and 1450.
- The total number of instructions attracting penalties will range between 40 and 50.
YOU CAN DOWNLOAD WAEC TYPEWRITING SYLLABUS HERE
Do you have any waec subjects in which you are having difficulty understanding? You can get the tutorials from our online school in video format that you can watch and learn from both on your phone or laptop kindly contact 08039407882 to get them.