NATIONAL OPEN UNIVERSITY OF NIGERIA
14/16 AHMADU BELLO WAY, VICTORIA ISLAND, LAGOS
SCHOOL OF MANAGEMENT SCIENCES
MARCH/APRIL 2014 EXAMINATION
COURSE CODE: BHM 403
COURSE TITLE: COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT
Time Allowed: 2 hours
Instructions: 1. Attempt question Number one (1) and any other two (2).
2. Question number 1 is compulsory and carries 30 marks, while the other questions carry 20 marks each
3. Present all your points in coherent and orderly manner
1. a. Why does community development, involves a problem-solving process?
b. Explain the principles of community development.
c. Discuss the meaning of philosophy of community development.
d. State and explain different principles of community development.
2. a. State the salient functions of the traditional institution.
b. State five and explain roles of government in community development program.
c. Explain effective leadership at the community level.
3. a. List the growth models in rural development initiative.
b. Briefly explain any five of these models.
4. a. State the indices for development.
b. Enumerate the steps in engineering development in the rural areas.
c. Explain the human and social costs of ill-health in the rural community.
5. Discuss the roles of
b. Public hygiene and
c. Primary health care services in the development of the rural sector.
For the 2015 – till date past questions for this course CLICK HERE
Contact me for your TMA, GST302 Business plan writeup, Project Writeup and also get your Exam Summary for this course.