NATIONAL OPEN UNIVERSITY OF NIGERIA
14/16 AHMADU BELLO WAY, VICTORIA ISLAND
SCHOOL OF ARTS AND SOCIAL SCIENCES
MARCH/APRIL 2014 EXAMINATION
COURSE CODE: CTH 352
COURSE TITLE: SOCIOLOGY OF RELIGION
TIME: 2 HOURS.
Instruction: Answer Question 1 and any other two of the following questions
Good use of English language will be rewarded.
1. List and discuss the four structural elements of religion (30 marks)
2. Give ten reasons why some people worship their ancestors (20 marks)
3. “Religion is the worshipping of society.” In the light of this Durkheim’s statement, what do you consider the relationship between religion and society?
4. How does education serve as an agency of religion? (20 marks)
5. Outline Max Weber’s argument in support of his thesis that protestant ethics influenced the emergence of capitalism (20 marks)
For the 2015 – till date past questions for this course CLICK HERE
Contact me for your TMA, GST302 Business plan writeup, Project Writeup and also get your Exam Summary for this course.