NATIONAL OPEN UNIVERSITY OF NIGERIA
14/16, AHMADU BELLO WAY, VICTORIA ISLAND, LAGOS
SCHOOL OF MANAGEMENT SCIENCES
MARCH, 2014 EXAMINATIONS
Course Code: ENT 329 CREDIT UNIT: 2
Course Title: STRATEGIC MANAGEMENT
Time Allowed: 2 Hours.
Instructions: 1. Attempt Question 1 and any other two (2) Questions.
2. Question 1 is compulsory and carries 30 marks
while the other 2 Questions carry 20 marks each.
3. Present all your points in coherent and orderly manner
a] List the Strategic Management Process as enunciated by Churchman (1968). 10 MARKS
b] What are the other independent factors in the Strategic Management Process? 20 MARKS
2. a] Discuss the decision-making hierarchy of business firms. 12 MARKS
b] Show by way of diagram a typical Strategic Management Structure. 8 MARKS
3. a] Enumerate the criteria for Strategic Alternatives? 5 MARKS
b] Give a detailed explanation of the criteria listed in (a) above. 15 MARKS
4. Discuss in detail the term ‘Opportunity Analysis’. 20 MARKS
5. What do you understand by the acronym SWOT? What are the benefits of SWOT analysis to business organisations? 20 MARKS
You can get the soft copy for this course or the exam summary answers for this course from 08039407882
Exam summary sample below