NATIONAL OPEN UNIVERSITY OF NIGERIA
Plot 91, Cadastral Zone, Nnamdi Azikiwe Express Way, Jabi – Abuja
FACULTY OF MANAGEMENT SCIENCES
DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC ADMINISTRATION
COURSE CODE: MPA855
COURSE TITLE: Performance Measurement and Management
CREDIT UNIT: 2
INSTRUCTION: 1. Indicate your Matriculation Number clearly.
2. Attempt question one (1) and any other two (2) questions; three questions in all.
3. Question one (1) is compulsory and carries 30 marks, while the other questions carry 20
4. Present all your points in a coherent and orderly Manner.
TIME ALLOWED: 2 Hours
1. a. Define performance measurement 5 marks
b. Lucidly clarify five purposes and state five characteristics of performance measurement. 10 marks
c. Examine in phases how the process of Performance Measurement evolves.
2. Performance measurement cannot achieve its essence without core tools.
Identify and discuss these tools. 20 marks
3. Elucidate critically the benefits associated with measuring performance in
organisations. 20 marks
4a. Enumerate Six (6) performance measurement methods. (5 marks)
b. Explain at least six performance measurement methods. (15 marks)
5. Briefly explain each of the following concepts: (5 marks each)
a. Expectancy theory b. S.M.A.R.T c. Management by objectives d. The appraisal interview. (20 Marks)
You can purchase your MPA855 Pop Past Questions
What you will get in this file is a compilation of MPA854
Arpil 2014 Exam Past Questions
July 2018 Exam Past Questions
November 2018 Exam Past Questions
October 2019 Exam Past Questions
This means it is past questions for 4 semesters.
N.B – You can also purchase all your course pop past questions for #1000
Contact me to get your Exam Summary for this course.