NATIONAL OPEN UNIVERSITY OF NIGERIA
14/16 AHMADU BELLO WAY, VICTORIA ISLAND, LAGOS
SCHOOL OF MANAGEMENT SCIENCES
MARCH/APRIL 2014 EXAMINATION
Course Code: MPA868 Credit Unit: 2
Course Title: COMPARATIVE PUBLIC ADMINISTRATION
Time Allowed: 2 Hours
Instructions: 1. Attempt question Number one (1) and any other two (2).
2. Question number 1 is Compulsory and carries 30 marks,
while the other questions carry equal marks each.
3. Present all your points in coherent and orderly manner.
1. Examine the meaning, rationale and problems in the study of Comparative Public Administration.
2. Compare and Contrast British and Nigerian Civil service system. What are the problems with Nigerian System?
3. Examine the Concept of Political neutrality in British and French civil service. How neutral are Civil Service in policy process.
4. What are the approaches to the study of Comparative Public Administration.
5. Examine the functions of civil service in Britain. What are its lesson for Nigerian Civil Service.
You can get the Past Questions Soft Copies HERE (2014 – till date)
Do you understand any of these questions? Give someone an idea of answering it in the exams by dropping the answer in the comment section.