NATIONAL OPEN UNIVERSITY OF NIGERIA
14-16 AHMADU BELLO WAY, VICTORIA ISLAND LAGOS
SCHOOL OF MANAGEMENT SCIENCES
MARCH/APRIL 2015 EXAMINATION
COURSE CODE: MPA868 CREDIT UNIT: 3
COURSE TITLE: COMPARATIVE PUBLIC ADMINISTRATION
TIME ALLOWED: 21/2 HOURS
INSTRUCTIONS: 1. Attempt question Number one (1) and any other three (3).
2. Question number 1 is compulsory and carries 25 marks, while the other questions carry 15 marks each
3. Present all your points in coherent and orderly manner
1. Define Public Policy and discuss the basic deductions that can be made from this definition. (25 marks)
2. The fourth schedule of the 1999 constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria empowers the Local Government to perform certain functions. Identify and explain these functions. (15 marks)
3) Explain the structure and functions of the Local Government System in Britain. (15 marks)
4) Discuss the various avenues of internal and external funding available to the Local Government Administration in Nigeria. (15 marks)
5) Explain the traditional functions of British civil service. (15 marks)
6) Discuss the recommendations of the Trevelyan-Northcote Committee whose principles became the foundation for the present day’s civil service in Britain.
You can get the Past Questions Soft Copies HERE (2014 – till date)
Do you understand any of these questions? Give someone an idea of answering it in the exams by dropping the answer in the comment section.