NATIONAL OPEN UNIVERSITY OF NIGERIA
PLOT 91, CADASTRAL ZONE, NNAMDI AZIKIWE EXPRESS WAY, JABI– ABUJA
FACULTY OF MANAGEMENT SCIENCES
DEPARTMENT OF ADMINISTRATION
COURSE CODE: MPA 871
COURSE TITLE: PUBLIC PERSONNEL MANAGEMENT
CREDIT UNITS: 3
INSTRUCTION: 1. Indicate your Matriculation Number clearly
2. Attempt question one (1) and any other three (3) questions – four questions in all
3. Question one (1) is compulsory and carries 25 marks, while the other questions carry 15 marks each.
4. Present all your points in coherent and orderly Manner
TIME ALLOWED: 3 Hrs.
1. a. Define personnel management
b. Briefly discuss the origin of personnel management
c. Illuminate on six operative functions of personnel management
2. a. Explain the term internal selection
b. Define promotion and list four measures used as bases for promotion
c. Clarify the four measures used as bases for promotion
3. a. Define training
b. List and explain five types of in-training.
4. a. What is employee performance appraisal?
b. State five reasons for employee performance appraisal
c. Highlight three problems associated with performance appraisal [15 marks]
5. a. Discuss the term collective bargaining
b. Explain three Union Bargaining Pressures
6. a. Elucidate on concept of conflict
b. Identify five types of conflicts and explain them
You can get the soft copy for this course or the exam summary answers for this course from 08039407882
Exam summary sample below