NATIONAL OPEN UNIVERSITY OF NIGERIA
14/16 AHMADU BELOW WAY, VICTORIA ISLAND, LAGOS
SCHOOL OF MANAGEMENT SCIENCES
MARCH 2014 EXAMINATION
Course Code: BUS 825 Credit Units: 2-Credit
Course Title: Research Design and Methodology
Time Allowed: 2 HOURS
Instructions: 1. Attempt question number one (1) and any other two (2).
2. Question number 1 is compulsory and carries 30 marks while
The other 2 questions carry 20 marks each.
3. Present all your points in coherent and orderly manner.
- (a) Highlight ten (10) problems of research in developing countries and
discuss any two (2).
(b) Give a pictorial representation of the difference between population and
(c) Explain any five sources of a Research topic.
- (a) Consider a population size of N = 500, with a sampling error of 5%.What will
be the required sample size, using the famous Taro Yamane’s formula?
(b) Mention and discuss any five (5) elements of a Research Design.
(c) Give the formula of a sample size for Mean values.
3. (a) Explain the fundamental importance of validity in the choice of Research
(b) Mention and discuss briefly types of Research Validity.
(c) Itemize types of Research Design you have studied.
4. (a) Examine the following Research concepts
(b) Differentiate between constant and variable in a Research Process.
(c) List three characteristics of a Researchable Hypothesis.
5. (a) How does internal Research proposal differ from an external Research
(b) Enumerate the activities necessary in a scientific Research Process. Explain
why they are important.
(c) Why is it advisable for a Research to embrace Research ethics?
For the 2015 – till date past questions for this course CLICK HERE
Contact me for your TMA, GST302 Business plan writeup, Project Writeup and also get your Exam Summary for this course.