NATIONAL OPEN UNIVERSITY OF NIGERIA
14/16 AHMADU BELLO WAY, VICTORIA ISLAND, LAGOS
SCHOOL OF MANAGEMENT SCIENCES
MARCH, 2014 EXAMINATION QUESTIONS
COURSE CODE: BUS831 CREDIT UNIT: 2
COURSE TITLE: Organizational Behaviour and Theory
TIME ALLOWED: 2 hours
Instructions: 1. Attempt question Number one (1) and any other two (2) questions
2. Question number 1 is compulsory and carries 30 marks while the
other questions carry 20 marks each.
3. Present all your points in coherent and orderly manner
Question No. 1 (COMPULSORY)
1. (a) What is “organizational behavior”?
(b) List and discuss the five key characteristics which every organization must have.
(c) Define “organization” as given by Marsh and Simeon.
2. We have two common types of organization. List them and explain
exhaustively the distinctive characteristics of each type of organization.
3. Henri Fayol, identified 14 principles of management. Provide a complete list of these
principles and explain each of them.
4. In modern organizations, there are three key elements that interact to sustain the
the operations of an organization in order to enable it achieve its set objective.
List and explain each of these three elements.
5. With regard to the structure of organizations, explain “static” and “dynamic”
concept of an organization. Which of the two do you consider more suitable for
better corporate performance?
For the 2015 – till date past questions for this course CLICK HERE
Contact me for your TMA, GST302 Business plan writeup, Project Writeup and also get your Exam Summary for this course.